Wednesday, February 23, 2011

EVA "Not My Daddy"


























Click to preview "Not My Daddy" by EVA: http://soundcloud.com/eva-15/sets/not-my-daddy

EVA

There are tons of potential rising stars every year in pop music. But, none more memorable than the dynamic and alluring, one-named Eva. She has already caught the eye of Snoop Dogg, Lupe Fiasco, and Scott Storch. Now, it's your turn to discover who Eva is: singer, dancer, and baby pop star.

With her long blond locks, bubbly personality and the all-American story, she proves that dreams still come true. "I just want to put me out there," says a passionate Eva. "I want people to be able to see me and my personality. I want people to like my music. I want people to put my music into their daily lives. That's my dream come true." The dream will soon be real.

Born in Lincoln, Nebraska, but raised in the Bay Area of California, Eva always wanted to be a star. Since her days as a little girl jamming out to Britney Spears, singing Christina Aguilera hits in her bedroom mirror and rocking to the tunes of nineties boy bands, the California girl had an unstoppable passion for dance music. Now, the up and coming pop songstress is on the verge of international super stardom. Like so many before her, Eva is climbing the ranks of fame, bound to be one of the hottest names in contemporary music.

Eva's sound allows you to escape into a dream world of beauty, rhythm and dance. With a musical combination of early Madonna and Britney Spears at her "Oops!...I Did It Again" peak, the tracks on the 2009 digital EP, In The Beginning, distributed by In Ya Face Records, is everything a pop album should be. There is no political agenda, she wants you to love life and have her music as your soundtrack. "I'm all about having fun," says Eva, 20. "I love dancing, I love performing. I'm all about feel good music. A good song that makes you want to have fun, want to dance!"

There is the Lady Gaga-type "Fashion Show," produced by Scott Storch, who is known for chart toppers with Justin Timberlake, Pink, Beyonce, and Britney Spears.

The catchy "Slow Down" showcases Eva with hip-hop heavyweight Lupe Fiasco. Produced by Pooh Bear, the head-nodding track, which has garnered over 500,000 plays on MySpace.com, warns listeners to slow down in life and love.

The infectious track, "Popular," is produced by Poli Paul and teams Eva with the legendary Snoop Dogg. The bass-heavy song is perfection for the clubs and an ode to the "popular" beauties from Hollywood to New York City who rule the dance floor. You need some musical chops to keep up with Snoop in the studio! "Snoop is a really nice guy; he's passionate and loves what he does. To say I have a song with him is always cool," says a humble Eva.

Although she sings about fashion, glam and popularity, ironically, Eva, who graduated from Los Gatos High School, was never one of the cool kids. "When I was in high school, I was never popular. I rocked to the beat of my own drum." This beat gave her the attention she craved, regardless if people understood her. "I liked having attention, I'll admit it. I liked to put it out there."

Eva is no standard pop-tart. Over the past few years, she has put her soul where the beat is, paying dues in the industry, managing to land gigs as the opening act for hip-hop icon Nas and Grammy-winner Alicia Keys. While Eva's sound is definitely pop, she transcends musical confines, adding a little hip-hop, R&B, funk and rock to her music. "I want anyone to be able to rock out to my music!" stresses Eva. "I definitely don't want to stick myself into one genre. Even though pop is where I personally feel the most comfortable, I like pushing myself, being challenged and creating music that is likable to everybody."

Through all of the emerging success Eva maintains a strong relationship with her family, which keeps her grounded and allows her to be a better artist. "I love my family very much," she explains. "They've been nothing more than extremely supportive and helpful through this whole process. I'm just so thankful for my parents. I'm really a humble person; it's all because of my family and the morals my parents have taught me."

Now, Eva is reloaded with new music, more passion and a grasp on her goal as an artist. This was her dream from the start and she is never letting go. "There has never been a moment where I've said, 'I'm going to be a star one day!' Ever since I was little and saw people like Britney Spears perform on stage, sing and have people look up to them—I've always wanted that. I'm so excited it's all happening and starting to come true."

For more information:
www.myspace.com/evamusiconline
www.facebook.com/evamusiconline
www.youtube.com/evamusic1
Twitter.com/evamusic

No comments: